Vision: Equipping Watchmen for the Present Hour
Where there is no vision [prophetic ministry], the people perish [cast off restraint]. Proverbs 29:18
The Anabaptist Identity Conference attempts to address current issues from a historical context.
- To propose the truth of the good news of Jesus (gospel) in subjects that are relevant for our times.
- To hold forth the ancient, radical faith of those who’ve gone before us, as examples for ourselves.
- To provide a forum where questions can be asked without fear of reprisal.
- To be too conservative for the liberals and too liberal for the conservatives, hoping thereby to stir up the apathy that each camp contains.
- A forum to be able to think outside of the box and question that which we’ve been told.
- To assist Anabaptist groups in strengthening the things that remain and sending them back to their camps to build up and encourage.
- To provoke Anabaptist groups to thoughtful consideration of the Biblical truths lacking in their individual congregation settings.
- To provide fellowship for conservative Anabaptist groups.
- To respect all groups, bashing no one and not encouraging sheep stealing; but rather, encouraging a building up of the church of Jesus.
The Anabaptist Identity Conference was first held in Sarasota, Florida at the Tourist Mennonite Church during March of 2007. The conference began on a Friday night, and continued all day Saturday and all day Sunday. The conference followed the same basic format in 2008, 2009 and 2010. In October of 2010, a second (for that year) conference was held at Midway Mennonite Reception Center in Lititz, PA. The following spring, March 2011, the conference was again held in Sarasota, this time at Palm Grove Mennonite Church, on a Thursday night, all day Friday and all day Saturday. There was a conference held in November 2011 at the Midway Mennonite Reception Center. No conference was held in the spring of 2012; instead it was held at Ephrata Business Center in Ephrata, PA in October 2012. Unfortunately, there was no AIC in 2013. The latest conference was held from February 13-15, 2014 in Sarasota, Florida. Thank you.
Planning & Advisory Committee:
Nathan Overholt & Matthias Overholt